Let’s look at what the employees gain, and what you gain:
- A day away from regular duties and often a free lunch
- A day to really think about their job without having to also perform it.
- An opportunity to consider individual skills that they need to perform the job.
- Training in information and/or skills that is completely new.
- Time to think through the new information before applying/implementing it at work.
- A chance to ask about questions/concerns they have about their job in a safe environment.
- An opportunity to learn strategies and resolutions of work problems from fellow classmates.
- A feeling that their employer expects them to improve their performance.
- A feeling that they are valued by their employer.
- A newly improved employee!
Questions to Ponder:
- Do your employees currently have a way to express concerns or ask questions in a very non-threatening way?
- Is there a procedure for employees to ask for help?
- If an employee asks for help, how is their request handled?